Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Hire those with special needs !!!!!

I wanted to make sure everyone understands how important it is to us that we create jobs for those with special needs. When I launched Paper Clouds Apparel I did so with the desire to help improve the overall lives of those with special needs. Having a job where they are appreciated and celebrated is a huge part of that. That is why I love getting pictures of all our hard working friends and post them on social media and even include a postcard featuring them in with every order. 

I just hope and pray we can get more businesses out there to follow suit. I have read studies that place the unemployment rate of adults with special needs from 80-93% ! This is just way too high. I have learned through Paper Clouds Apparel that you will not find a harder working employee.

You will also never have to worry about having a huge smile on your face as you spend time around your employees with special needs. My favorite days are when I drop off the shirts and get to hear the back and forth banter between all of them. One day, Delores said "Show me the money honey" every time she put a folded shirt in its clear shipping sleeve. I was dying laughing every time she said it.

I am honored to be able to give these hard working friends a job that they enjoy. They take pride in their work and get an extra sense of pride knowing the art on the shirts they are folding and packaging was created by someone with special needs ! Every person on this planet deserves the right to earn a living and I am working hard to grow Paper Clouds Apparel to the level that we can employ more and more individuals with special needs every month, every year ! 

Paper Clouds Apparel cannot do this without your help. We NEED you to continue being the ambassador for our brand. We need all of you to keep spreading our mission to the world, via social media, emails, and word of mouth. Being a business that gives away 50% of the profit to the special needs cause that created the art, we do not have a marketing budget. So please keep doing what you are doing and let us work together to make this world a better place for those with special needs ! Thank you all so much. From the bottom of my heart I truly love every single one of you helping us achieve our goal.



No comments:

Post a Comment